With year round warm weather and plenty of dog friendly patios at local restaurants here in Longwood, there is no reason to leave your dog at home when you want to head out for a meal or bite to eat. Instead, bring your pet with you and enjoy a day in Longwood together.
Bringing your dog with you is a great way to keep your dog from being bored at home. It is also a chance to socialize younger dogs by giving them the opportunity to see new people and animals out and about.
When visiting businesses with your furry friend, remember that they should be well behaved and will need to stay on their leash.
Restaurants to Enjoy With Your Dog
Knowing which restaurant patios welcome dogs makes it easy to plan a meal out and bring your dog along. As long as the weather is not too warm or rainy, eating on the patio can be a pleasant experience for both people and pets. Some of the dog friendly patios in Longwood include:
- AJ’s Press - Whether you order a pressed sandwich or a bowl, your dog will likely make puppy dog eyes until you let them try a bit of the beer braised brisket.
- Cafe Paisano - Enjoy your favorite Italian dish or a pizza on Cafe Paisano’s patio with your dog.
- Hurricane Grill & Wings - If you are looking for wings with dozens of flavor choice and a dog-friendly patio, Hurricane Grill & Wings is the place to go in Longwood.
Drinks, Desserts, and Groceries in Longwood
If you are after a cold beer, ice cream, or other food food options, Longwood has several places that you and your dog can visit. Some even offer special treats for your pup. Check out:
- Hourglass Brewing - With a dog-friendly patio, you can enjoy one (or several) pints of the 40 beers they have on tap while your dog hangs out nearby.
- Nan and Pop’s Ice Cream Shop - In addition to a range of ice cream creations, Nan and Pop’s provide pup cups so your dog can have a sweet treat alongside you.
You can also check out the events at Reiter Park. The City of Longwood Farmers Market happens there on Sundays and food trucks visit the park on Thursday evenings. Bring your dog to enjoy some local food, fresh air, and maybe even a walk around the park.