A Day Out with Your Dog in Sanford, FL
Spending a day out in beautiful downtown Sanford does not mean your dog has to stay at home. As Sanford continues to become more popular, dog owners can find many bars, eateries, and stores that are dog-friendly. Here are some great places in Sanford to bring your dog along for the fun.
Play at Paw Park
To give your dog some time to play off leash and with some other four legged friends, Sanford’s dog park is a fantastic place. The Paw Park at Historic Sanford was recently voted one of the top 10 dog parks in the US. The park has fenced in small and large play areas.
At the end of the outing, use the dog wash to clean your dog up. There are also self-filling dog fountains, agility features, and water fountains and benches for the humans.
Restaurants and Breweries with Dog Friendly Patios
Many restaurants in Sanford have patio dining and beer gardens offer comfortable outdoor spaces. You can enjoy a bite or beverage at one of these spaces while your dog takes in the exciting outdoor sights and smells.
- The Corner Cafe - A great lunch stop, bring Fido and eat a sandwich, salad, or soup on the bistro’s patio.
- The Original Christo’s - With a variety of comfort foods and family recipes, enjoy a meal out on the patio with your dog.
- The Breezeway Restaurant and Bar - The covered breezeway offers outdoor seating that stays cool for you and your dog no matter what the weather is like.
- Celery City Craft - With a spacious beer garden and over 50 beers on tap, you and your dog can easily spend an afternoon here.
- Tuffy’s Bottle Shop & Lounge - Tuffy’s outdoor space includes firepits, a fountain, and plenty of spaces for you and your dog to sit, including a seating area made out of a pontoon boat.
- Wop’s Hops Brewing Company - This brewery and kitchen even has a special menu for dogs that includes Mutt-balls, Doggie Cigars, and pet-safe Bowser Beer.
- Sanford Food Truck Fiesta - For a change of pace, every 3rd Saturday brings 12 local food trucks to Historic Downtown Sanford. This outdoor event has many tables to relax at and live music.
Whether you’re in the mood for a meal or a couple beers, Sanford has a variety of options to welcome both you and your four legged friend.
Dog Friendly Shops, Bars, and More
To finish off a day out with your dog, step into one of Sanford’s dog-friendly stores, bars, or dessert places.
- Sal’s Italian Ice - Sal’s offers doggie sundaes so you and your dog can enjoy a sweet treat together.
- Maya Books and Music - Have your dog join you as you look through used books and records at this Sanford staple.
- The Imperial at Washburn Imports - Offering wines, local craft beers, and cocktails, dogs can join you for happy hour on the patio.
Next time you plan a day out in Sanford, take advantage of the city’s dog friendly parks and local businesses to give your pet a chance to explore all that Sanford has to offer alongside you.